With over 40 years’ worth of experience, St. Edwards Funeral Home is licensed to provide services in the entire state of Louisiana. Located in Bunkie, we offer both funeral services and reception facilities where family and friends can gather after the funeral. We strive to bring a new type of funeral service to the Avoyelles and surrounding areas. It will focus on a celebration of life when an individual dies which will include the use of digital photos and films of the deceased. The reception will allow family and friends to gather in a social setting after the funeral service to provide support for those who were left behind. The facilities include intimate gathering areas for people who want to break off from the larger activities. This combination of life celebration and social support has become more popular with the Baby Boomers Generation. We welcome this generation to become directly involved in making choices about their parents’ funerals.
The cornerstone of our services is the use of the reception facility. Funerals bring together those who haven’t seen each other in years, even decades. In traditional services, people meet for a few hours and then they are gone. The center will capture the opportunity to bring people together, to celebrate life and to re-form the lines of support for those who live. To accomplish this, we offer:
- A reception hall where meals and refreshments may be served.
- Electronic presentation and projection of photos and films of the deceased, also available on the funeral home’s website.
- Soft background music selected by the family, if requested. Discreet areas where small groups may form for intimate discussions.
- Space for couches and chairs for private meetings.
- Easy wheelchair accessibility.
- Use of the chapels for funeral services.
- Professional Services of the director and staff. There will be one person to guide the family through the entire process.
- Remembrance products including blankets, personalized jewelry, paper, and electronic products to celebrate the life of the deceased.
- Transportation including use of the hearse and/or limousines.
- Cremation, Embalming and preparation of the body for viewing.
- Caskets and Urns. The center will offer a complete line of many brands of caskets & Urns.
- We accept any and all insurance policies.
We would love to hear from you! Should you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 318-295-2090.